Not all copywriters work the same way.
Below is an outline of the steps you and I will take to get the polished text that you’re after.
- BRIEFING — I’ll send you either my ‘Getting to know you and your voice’ or ‘About you – questions to ask yourself about you and why you’re in business’ questionnaire for you to complete and return to me before our Zoom meeting. This will enable me to know a bit more about you and your brand and how I can help you.
- PROPOSAL — After our meeting, I’ll send you a proposal with a quote to consider, then once we’re both in agreement, we’ll sign it electronically.
- INSTALMENT — You’ll pay a non-refundable 50% instalment (or the total amount for projects under $1,000), and we can get started.
- PROJECT — Depending on the type of project, I’ll send you an extensive Brand Building Workbook for you to complete and return, then set up a project outline in Google Drive that will be in a shared, central location for us to work from, so everything’s in the one place and we’re both kept on track.
- PREPARATION — The Tone of Voice and Client Avatar documents will be created from the questionnaires, our meeting notes and/or the Brand Workbook. Once created, you will approve these, and then we can get started with the writing.
- FIRST DRAFT — I’ll send you the 1st full draft to review, and you can suggest edits; PLUS the final invoice. Payment is to be made within seven days.
- SECOND DRAFT — I’ll send you the 2nd draft to review, and you can suggest edits again … or not.
- SIGN OFF OF FINAL DOCUMENT AND COPYRIGHT TRANSFER — Once the final payment has been received, I’ll send you the proofread final document plus my ‘End of Project’ document to sign, and the official transfer of copyright is yours.
- TESTIMONIAL — I’d love a testimonial from you when we’re through, and I’ll return the favour – I very much appreciate a testimonial from my clients to feature on my website, Google My Business and my social media channels. The links will be in the ‘End of Project’ document.